Within this section the framework has used the City of Edinburgh’s EXPLORE Model designed for P1 – S2 skills level A – F. The skills within this section include planning, locating, organising, representing and evaluating.
- Level A - this is the level which most pupils should be able to reach by the end of P3 (8 years old)
- Level B – this is the level which most pupils should be able to reach by the end of P4 (9 years old)
- Level C – this is the level which most pupils should be able to reach sometime between P5 and the end of P6 (10-11 years old)
- Level D - this is the level which most pupils should be able to reach by the end of P7 (12 years old)
The ExPLORE-model and the above levels are currently being updated to reflect the new 3 – 18 Curriculum for Excellence where information literacy can be found in many of the Literacy across Learning Experiences and Outcomes most notably under:
- finding and using information
- understanding, analysing and evaluating statements
See also summary of all literacy outcomes and experiences which illustrates the progressional nature of literacy (including information / critical literacy) skills and how these play an important role in all learning
Information relating to the experience and outcomes can be found within the Literacy across Learning principles and practice paper / document.
Information literacy can be also be linked to other Curriculum for Excellence Experience and Outcomes.