Something that might be of interest:
What is BASE E-Learning?
BASE -Library E-Learning is a platform that allows you to enhance your information and evidence retrieval skills.
This resource supports the ambition of high quality care and provides an innovative approach to learning by supporting and responding to changing needs. Learning modules help you to develop skills to search effectively for evidence-based information and to appraise it for relevance and credibility. Learning outcomes meet recognised key skills and competencies.
BASE E-Learning was created for BASE (Birmingham and Black Country NHS Libraries) and aimed at library members to develop key skills in finding and appraising evidence based information.
- BASE Libraries Online Catalogue (library specific only)
- Basic and Advanced Database Searching
- How to register for Athens
- Introduction to NHS Evidence
- Critical Appraisal
- Cochrane Library
- Publishing, Copyright and Citations Understanding Copyright & Plagiarism in the NHS
- Individual modules can be purchased
How BASE E-learning can support YOU!
Why reinvent the wheel? Share the best E-learning!
- As a library service do you find that you are continually delivering the same information skills training time and time again?
- Would you like to offer refresher training to your users but don't have the time
- Are you having to release your staff to conduct such training and in the process taking them away from their day to day responsibilities?
Now imagine if you could use e-learning information skills training courses that have already been developed by library staff? If only you knew what was out there and how to get them your service users.
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then BASE E-Learning could be for you!